The Essential Things to Take into Consideration About Disaster Preparedness
Each and every single person, irrespective of their present situation must be knowledgeable about disaster preparedness. Make sure that you don’t think that a disaster, whether manmade or natural can’t touch you. No one is exempted to experiencing the dangers that disasters can cause. It is essential that you are well-versed with a whole heap of disaster preparedness tips so as to make sure that you will be able to survive the worse case scenario. Now, in the extent of this article, we could not mention all of the disaster preparedness tips. There are just numerous tips, but then again, we will only discuss a couple of them particularly the most important ones.
1. Perhaps, the most important tip is to be certain that you family has already created a communication plan such as a family disaster plan. This can be put together in a couple of methods, on the other hand, one of the most essential is to make certain that there is at least one family member or a friend who is living far away and is able to contact all of you in the event that you lose communication with each other.
2. Make sure that you are aware of all the routes for emergency evacuation as they pertain to your workplace and community.
3. Make sure that you know how to shut down all of the utilities such as water, electricity and particularly gas.
4. Make sure to have an emergency survival package or kit in place for each and every member of your family that has at least adequate supplies such as water, food, medications, clothing, blankets and so on that could last to at least 3 days.
5. In addition, make sure that you have a cash on hand because there is a pretty high chance that the ATM will not be working in case that a couple of stores are open.
6. And this one should be a complete must. Be sure that you take time to learn about CPR techniques as well as first aids. It will definitely be worth it to take some time to learn on how to save the life of another person or yours.
7. Be certain to set a meeting place or a reunion point designated for all of your household or family members to gather at.
8. Make sure that you know and understand that there are certain kinds of disasters that are more disposed to take place in particular locations and areas. Hence, find out what is more likely to take place in your area.
Source: her latest blog